Is flexible endoscope reprocessing keeping you awake at night?
Are your endoscopy technicians trained to perform a safe and effective process and effective process without omitting critical steps?
Let OSPECS Consulting help you remove the issues impacting successful flexible endoscope reprocessing through comprehensive training and education.
Manual cleaning and high-level disinfection of a flexible endoscope require mastery of intricate and laborious steps for successful execution. This is a task that can only be given to technicians who have received comprehensive training. Endoscope manufacturers, experts in the field, and the FDA agree that training is paramount to ensure proper flexible endoscope reprocessing, patient safety and injury prevention. OSPECS Consulting offers a customized on-site hands-on training based on the type of flexible endoscopes and automated reprocessing equipment owned by the hospital.
OSPECS Consulting Flexible Endoscope On-Site Hands-On and Classroom Training Includes:
- Decontamination, Sterilization, manual and automated HLD concepts
- Regulatory standards
- Infection control
- Safety and Personal Protective Equipment
- Anatomy of a flexible endoscope
- Flexible endoscope cleaning basics
- Point of use cleaning
- Cleaning steps based on the IFU’s
- Cleaning tools use
- Process Documentation
- Cleaning process quality controls
- Flexible endoscope inspection
- Storage and transport of flexible endoscopes
- AER routine maintenance
- Complete skills competencies tested at the end of training